I had a hard time making this list - I read so many good books this year. Keep in mind these are books I read in 2010, not necessarily released in 2010 (in fact, almost none were because I rarely read new hardcover releases in adult books).
So, without further ado, here are my top picks, in no particular order:
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo/Girl Who Played with Fire/Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
- Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- The Soloist by Steve Lopez
- The Abstinence Teacher by To Perrotta
- The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Here is BookPage's readers' choice of top 20 books of 2010 (not much overlap, since these were all released in 2010). If you're interested, check out my Top Ten Kids/Teen Books I Read in 2010 at Great Books for Kids and Teens.
What were your favorite books read in 2010?